Cape Coral is looking forward to some big wins in 2018, says Economic Development Manager, Dana Brunett.
New business are being attracted to the city. That is on top of big names who have come in the last year, the Catch The Vision event in Cape Coral heard.
‘We came back strong’
Mr Brunett says even the hurricane could not stop the progress towards the big wins. “Hurricane Irma may have punched us in the nose, but we came back strong.”
The new businesses include:
New Nissan and Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep dealerships, with plans for a third car dealership along Pine Island Road, will provide more options in the auto market
- The Westin’s new Conference Center will have a soft opening in December. It will officially begin hosting a wide array of events starting in January 2018
- A new 30,000-square-foot organic grocery store, part of a national retail chain, is coming to “the elusive” site at Santa Barbara Boulevard and Veterans Parkway
- Burlington Coat Factory has announced plans to move into the former Sports Authority space on Pine Island Road
- A new high-end motor coach resort will break ground in early 2018. It will cover 188 acres near Burnt Store Road and Durden Parkway
- A no-kill animal shelter will break ground in 2018 with plans to provide expanded services
- Panera Bread is coming to South Cape
The list goes on…
Other expansion scheduled for 2018 includes:
- Phase 2 of the Gulf Coast Village expansion, where more skilled nursing units are being added. The $32million, 131,000-square-foot Palmview assisted living and memory facility opened this year.
- Architectural Metal Flashings opened its 12,000 square-foot manufacturing company in Cape Coral this year, becoming a preferred manufacturer for the rising, solar-powered Babcock Ranch community.
- AAE Glass has opened its new studio and design center, effectively doubling its class space. It is adding a new glass-related silk screening operation. AAE Glass teaches and supplies fused art glass online and in-person to people from around the world.
- Ecological Laboratories continues to bring its environmentally-friendly products to an ever-growing market, with plans to complete its sixth expansion in Cape Coral this year.
- Shoot Center, a new indoor gun range on Del Prado Boulevard, has a strong focus on customer service.
And the list goes on, says Mr Brunett.
Source: EDA newsletter November 2017.